How To Choose a Flight School
Flight School Questions: Paying for Training
Last but not least, once you understand your full cost of training, you’ll need to figure out how you plan on paying for that flight training. Not many people can pay the full cost of flight school out of pocket, so make sure you understand what your options are.
If you do decide that you’ll need to take out a loan in order to finance your flight training, be sure to ask additional questions on the details of the loan. This would be more for the actual loan provider than the school, but it’s important to understand all the details before you sign off.
- Do you have a loan/financing solution?
- Do you offer any scholarships?
- Are there any discounts that can be applied?
- Do I have the ability to work full time while training?
- Do you offer any tuition reimbursement programs?
- Can I include a housing and living stipend in my loan and what is that amount?
- How would the money get disbursed to me/the school?
- Would this be a fixed or variable interest rate?
- What kind of down payments are required?
- When would I have to start making loan payments?
- Can I defer my loan payments if I need to?
- Are there any early repayment penalties?