AeroGuard Flight School Financing the Cost to Fly
At AeroGuard we understand having financing options, and keeping costs manageable, is important to students. AeroGuard offers multiple payment options and financing partners to help students get the most out of their flight training. Students may opt to pay directly for their flight training or finance the cost of the Pilot Pathway Program with one of AeroGuard’s lending partners.
In addition to our lending partners, students at AeroGuard can also elect to combine their flight training within a degree program enabling Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA), other grants and loans, as well as the V.A. and G.I Bill®. These programs are run with University Partners and students would organize their financial aid directly with them.
Ensuring a payment plan has been established for the entirety of a student’s training curriculum prior to the start of training allows students to keep flying, training, and progressing through the course.
AeroGuard currently works with the following loan providers;
Flight School Financing Made Easy
With the Pilot Access Loan program, financing is made available for students to pursue a career in aviation with a loan that is purpose built for the industry with interest rates as low as 6.34% APR. Qualified students are able to fully finance their flight training tuition plus additional funds for housing and living stipends up to an aggregate maximum of $120,000, even if they have prior student loans. The program is serviced by ZuntaFi.
The following guidelines apply:
- Must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Must have at least 1 year of positive credit history.
- Minimum borrower FICO of 680 without a cosigner or 660 with a cosigner that has a minimum FICO of 700.
- No current delinquencies.
- No account with a balance of $500 or more reported as 90 days or more delinquent in the past 24 months, except medical.
- No defaults during the past 48 months.
Within the Pilot Access Loan program, repayments are designed to match your aviation career path including:
- No payments required as a student.
- Additional 2 month grace period after training.
- Reduced payments or half of the interest payment during CFI period.
- Interest only payments during the post-CFI period.
- Flexible repayment options throughout the repayment period.
Benefits of the Pilot Access Loan program include:
- 0.25% interest rate discount for payments made via automatic debit.
- No prepayment penalty.
- Cosigner release option.
Full Financing Options For Flight Training, with Meritize*
Meritize works with AeroGuard to help more students realize their dreams of becoming professional airline pilots. The Meritize platforms offers up to full financing options for qualified US Citizens, permanent residents and individuals holding a valid employment authorization, with no payments required until the CFI stage.
At Meritize, they believe you are more than just your credit score and that your past achievements are an important indicator of your overall potential and success. That’s why the Meritize platform looks beyond FICO and uses your previous academic or military achievements to potentially improve your loan options. Other benefits include:
- Checking loan options will not impact your credit score
- Pre-approval in minutes for qualified applicants
- Fixed and variable rates available**
- Ability to finance up to full tuition and, in some cases, cost of living
- Payment options, including deferring full principal and interest payments until 3 months after you complete your training
- 0.25% Interest rate deduction if you enroll in autopay**
- No pre-payment penalty
- Access to free Career Services
The Meritize platform also offers academic coaching, a job search bootcamp and new-to-the-job coaching. Through these services, students are able to work with coaches to develop a game plan to perform at their personal best while in school, work with experts on their job search from crafting resumes to negotiating salary, and even develop the personal and competitive skills that will help them achieve professional excellence in their new job.
*AeroGuard does not endorse a particular lender, nor is it affiliated with Meritize Financial, Inc. (“Meritize”) or the Meritize Platform
Terms and Conditions apply. Meritize branded loan products are educational loans issued by Meritize Lending, LLC (For residents of SC, loan is made by Meritize Financial, Inc.) Meritize reserves the right to modify or discontinue products and benefits at any time without notice. To qualify, a borrower must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or hold an Employment Authorization Document and meet Meritize’s underwriting requirements. If approved for a loan the actual loan amount, term, payment, and APR amount of loan that a customer qualifies for may vary based on credit determination, state law and other factors. Meritize does not warrant or guarantee any claims made herein, including, but not limited to, gaining admission to a program, concerning the quality or financial strength of any educational institution, securing funding or obtaining employment. Our final loan offer may differ as a result of the school chosen and the associated cost of tuition. Not all schools are eligible for funding. Meritize does not offer educational loans in the following states: IA, IN, KY, ME, MI, ND, NV, SD, VT, WI, WV, WY, PR. All rights reserved.
** Variable rates are subject to change.
***The 0.25% AutoPay interest rate reduction applies if you make monthly principal and interest payments by an automatic monthly deduction from a savings or checking account. The benefit will discontinue and be lost for periods in which you do not pay by automatic deduction from a savings or checking account. AutoPay is not required to obtain a loan.
Flight Training Financing with Skybound, a program provided by FMS Bank, an FDIC insured institution and serviced by ZuntaFi
Skybound was created by a financial institution who recognizes the need for new pilots and is passionate about providing students a helpful financing solution. The program is available to qualified U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Qualified students are able to finance their flight training tuition plus additional funds for housing and living stipends up to an aggregate maximum of $100,000. To be eligible for a Skybound private student loan, the borrower or their cosigner must have:
- 3 years of Credit History
- Minimum of $18,000 of verifiable income in prior year
- Credit Score of at least 680
- 10% down payment
There are many benefits students receive when working with ZuntaFi and the Skybound program including:
- Personal Assistance – Upon application, you’ll be matched with one of their experts who will be a single, consistent point of contact.
- Financial Difficulty Assistance – Forbearance options are available to qualified borrowers experiencing temporary financial challenges. Their team is happy to discuss options at any time.
- 24/7 Online Access – Easily manage your loan payments and retrieve loan details through our intuitive borrower portal whenever it is most convenient for you.
- Customer-First Philosophy – Customer relationships are at the heart of everything they do. They prioritize relationships over transactions and work to do right by you every time.
- Automatic Payment Discount – Receive a 0.25% rate discount for payments made via automatic debit.
- No Prepayment Fee – There is no prepayment fee for this loan which provides additional incentive to pay your loan off early.
Cash Payment Plans
Students who enroll in the Pilot Pathway Program can also choose to follow a cash payment plan for training that offers an attractive path for those who can’t or don’t want to use our lending partners or have alternative sources of funding available to them.
Cash payment schedules, amount and timing of payments will depend on your program and can be designed with your Enrollment Advisor.
Enrollment Advisors are Here to Help
No matter what payment option you decide to take for your flight training journey, our enrollment advisors are here to help walk you through the process. If you’re not sure which option may be the best for you, our enrollment advisors can help you understand the details of each one before you decide and properly direct you to the correct application for what you need.
It’s important to arrange and secure your payment plan for your whole program before the start of training to ensure there are no breaks in training during the program, keeping you flying, training and progressing in the course. Fill out the form below to speak with an enrollment advisor on how you can secure your financing today.